Sundays @ 10:45-11:45 a.m.
(following 9:30 a.m. worship)
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19.:14) “Cross†raining our children in Christ” is for children ages 3 and up. We gather in the front of the church for and opening, and then disperse down the hallway for the rest of the activities.
“Cross†raining our children in Christ” activities include:
- Singing and learning actions to uplifting and familiar worship music
- Crafts and projects to accompany bible lessons
- Learning about God’s miracles and promises for all
- CT Singers (Choir) rehearsals second Sunday of every month
- Opportunities to participate in worship at STL with CT Singers
“JC style - a new experience in Junior Confirmation”
The Bible tells us, “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22.:6) “Cross†raining - JC Style” is for youth in grades 6-12. Adults are welcome, too. We gather in room 211 on Sunday mornings after the 9:30 a.m. service (about 10:45 a.m.).
Cross†raining - JC Style includes:
- Learning the basic teachings of the Lutheran church in the context of the biblical narrative and church history
- Open conversations on current challenges and opportunities for followers of Jesus
- Videos and internet connections introduced to expand the learning experience
- Cross-generational conversations on experiences and insights in living the Christian life
Participants who have not previously been confirmed will be eligible for confirmation upon the completion of four 14-week semesters.